Friday, 20 July 2012
Swarm Again
Woke up to a sunny Friday morning thinking about the nucs hived last night and woodering how they were doing this morning. To my amazement as I walked up the the back garden I suddenly noticed a frenzied like activity and was stunned to find a swarm on the young apple tree! Thankfully the swarm was within arm's reach. I went into emergency mode as I decided on what to do with it. I remembered that I have a few nuc boxes and a spare hive. Not having caught a swarm before, I took time to 'google' up the subject of bee swarming. It was not long before I found the appropriate article. Placed a fabric I had used in decorating and painting environments under the swarm. I carefully raised the nuc box and shook the swarm in it. I closed the box and left it on the fabric for the rest of the day. In the evening I prepared the spare hive and hived the swarm. Fed with syrup. Will inspect in a few days' time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment