Saturday, 13 July 2019
13/07/2019 - BEE BASIC EXAMINATION - PASS
13 July 2019
Weather warm and partially cloudy. Temperature about 18°C. Time 10;30 hours. The Examiner arrived on time. Introductions over, he proceeded to request if I demonstrated manipulating a colony. He was surprised that I had seven hives in not so big a space in a standard Glasgow garden. I assured him that a few were splits and a swarm that would get united for wintering. I suggested that I
manipulated one national hive and one Langstroth (Apimaye plastic hive of which he had never seen!). Langstroth Hive 2 was the first for a practical manipulation. Queen spotted. Healthy brood observed. Ample food stores. Very gentle colony. No queen cups/cells observed. Examiner very intrigued by this type of hive. Asked how foundation was mounted and duly showed how. After showing him other bits and bobs of the hive type I proceeded to manipulate National Hive 1. Queen not spotted but the whole operation went smoothly without a hitch.
After the practical demonstration, we went indoors for an oral which was conducted in a professional manner. He concluded by saying that my practical skills and knowledge demonstrated on the day were sufficient to give me a PASS. I was thrilled🕺🤸♂️ with myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment